Born in La Paz, Bolivia in 1953, Carmen Perrin arrived in Switzerland in 1960 when her father decided to return with his entire family to his native country. She studied at the Fine Arts and Applied Arts School (now known as HEAD) in Geneva, graduating in 1981. Together with fellow artists Stéphane Brunner, Albert Piloud and Jean Stern, she opened the exhibition space Dioptre, where she showed her work from 1981 to 1983 as well as at the gallery Andata/Ritorno. In the mid eighties, she began exhibiting in France and moved to Marseille in 1986, where she lived for the next 10 years.
Since then, she has been awarded various prizes for her work and in 1993, she moved to London for two years on a grant from the Landis & Gyr Foundation in Zug. She taught at the Fine Arts School in Geneva from 1988 until 2004, when she decided to focus exclusively on her own art. Perrin’s permanent works in the public domain can be admired at the Cornavin train station in Geneva, the Kloten Airport in Zurich, the Jardins d’Eole in Paris among others. In 2017, her work was shown for the opening of the Pavillon Sicli in Geneva. She now lives and works between Switzerland and France.
Des Mondes, 2008
Oil pastel, scraping on printed image
100 x 140 cm
LA CHAMBRE, 2008
Polycarbonate and acrylic colour
100 x 250 x 3 cm